Shareholder FAQs


When are dividends usually paid?

Dividends are normally paid twice a year in October and May. 

What is the stock/ticker symbol for Greggs?

Greggs shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol ‘GRG’.

What do I do if my personal details have changed? 

You will need to notify Capita, our share registrars, as soon as possible of your change of details.  You can do this by telephoning 0871 664 0300 or by writing to Capita Asset Services, Bourne House, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4TU. You will need to quote your shareholder reference number, which can be found at the top of your share certificates. If you have changed your name you will need to enclose evidence of your name change, such as a photocopy of your marriage certificate, or a certified copy of your change of name deed. 

How can I buy/sell my Greggs shares?

Existing certificated shareholders resident within the EEA, the Channel islands or the Isle of Man may trade Greggs plc shares through Capita Asset Services who provide an easy-to-use, real-time online and telephone dealing service.  Telephone 0371 664 0445 (Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider.  Calls outside the United Kingdom are charged at the applicable international rate.  We are open between 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales).  Terms and conditions apply. 

What should I do with my share certificate?

These are important documents and are proof of your shareholding. They should be kept in a safe place. You will need them to sell/transfer some or all or your shares.

What do I do if a shareholder passed away?

If you are administering an estate, you may need to transfer shares into the names of beneficiaries or sell the holding. The first step is to write to our registrar telling them what you are going to do. They will then place a temporary marker on the register to ensure that wherever possible, they do not issue further dividend payments or other correspondence in the shareholder's name. They will also send you the forms that you will need to complete. Click here for the registrar's contact details.

Where can I get a copy of the Annual Report and statements? 

Our Annual Report and summary financial statements can be viewed online or downloaded in PDF format for printing. 

How long should I keep my tax vouchers?

You should keep your tax vouchers for six years.

How can I obtain replacement tax vouchers?

If your tax vouchers have been lost or stolen, you can obtain replacements by telephoning 0871 664 0300 or by writing to Capita Asset Services, Bourne House, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4TU.