Privacy & Cookies Policy
- Like most websites, there is certain information that is automatically tracked. This includes the website you just came from, which website you go to next, the browser you are using and any searches you have done. The information is used for internal purposes to monitor activity on the Website only. It is kept in a form that does not identify individuals and is deleted after 24 month
- Although we put technical and organisational security procedures in place to keep your information secure, you are advised to remember that the internet is not always a secure medium. If you are unsure about submitting any information to us, please contact us by telephone, fax or post instead. Our contact details are set out in the "Contact Us" section of the Website.
- You have the option to provide personal information in the recruitment section of the Website. You may either complete an electronic application form or send your CV to apply for jobs with Greggs plc or its subsidiaries, as appropriate. This information will include your name, contact details, educational and job history, interests and other information. This information will only be used for recruitment purposes. You should ensure that any information you supply is accurate. Any information provided in this way, if you are not subsequently employed by Greggs plc, will be deleted after 9 months unless we agree otherwise with you. If you are employed by Greggs plc or its subsidiaries as a result of your application the information will be kept and retained and used in accordance with our employee handbook for as long as you are an employee of Greggs plc or its subsidiaries.
- Greggs plc reserves the right to pass any or all of your personal information to the police or any other relevant body for the purposes of:
- crime detection or prevention; or
- for any purpose associated with your misuse, or suspected misuse, of the Website; or
- in relation to any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- Greggs plc may also pass your information to any purchaser or prospective purchaser of its business or assets.
- Greggs plc will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area without first obtaining your consent.
- Greggs plc uses technology called cookies to track patterns of behaviour of visitors on the Website. Cookies are pieces of information that the Website transfers to your computer. You may set your browser to refuse to accept cookies and unless you do so you are deemed to have accepted our use of them. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Greggs plc is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number: Z7225689.
- Greggs plc is registered at Companies House, our Company Number is 502851.
As expert bakers, we know a thing or two about cookies. But we’d like to take a moment to talk about another kind – internet cookies.
Sure, they’re not half as exciting as the baked kind, but they affect your computer when you’re browsing the internet – so they’re worth knowing about.
Cookies are tiny files that are automatically saved to your computer when you browse sites like corporate.greggs.co.uk. They save all sorts of useful information, which helps us to improve your online experience.
They’re perfectly safe, they don’t take up much space and they won’t harm your computer – but even so, we’d like to explain a little more about what they are and what they do.
What are cookies?
Cookies (sometimes called HTML cookies, internet cookies, tracking cookies, or magic cookies) are tiny text files that are automatically saved on your computer while you browse greggs.co.uk.
While you’re browsing online, they’re hard at work behind the scenes – saving important data to make viewing our web pages easier for you.
Some cookies send information to us. For example, which pages on corporate.greggs.co.uk you’ve visited, which you’ve spent the most time on and what time of day you visited.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. Our cookies do not save ANY personal information – none whatsoever. The data we receive is completely anonymous. And cookies won’t harm your computer.
Which cookies do Greggs use?
Cookie Name: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Type: 3rd Party
Source: Google Analytics
Function: These cookies help us to recognise your computer when you visit corporate.greggs.co.uk – so you won’t have to spend time downloading the same pages and images over and over again. This makes browsing greggs.co.uk that little bit faster every time. Plus, it’s really useful for us to know when you’ve dropped by.
Cookie Name: PHPSESSID
Type: 1st Party
Function: This is another cookie that helps us to recognise your computer when you visit corporate.greggs.co.uk.
Can I get remove cookies?
Most computers are set to download cookies automatically, so if you’re happy with everything you’ve read, simply carry on as you were.
However, if you’re at all concerned about having cookies on your computer, removing them is easy. Show me how to remove cookies.
Likewise, you can change your computer settings so that it won’t download cookies in future. Show me how to change my computer’s cookie settings.
We could go on all day about cookies, but we’d much rather be baking them. If you’d like to find out more about cookies and how they are used, the following resources are useful:
Likewise, if you have any further questions by all means drop us a line at email@example.com