Environmental Management System
We want our business to have a positive impact on people's lives - our teams, customers, suppliers and local communities. We believe it is our social responsibility to do business in a way that brings benefits to people who shop with us, supply to us or live near us.
Our aim is to be a responsible and caring business through the implementation of the highest Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) standards across all of our business activities. We regard the protection of the environment & people's health from the possible effects of our activities to be of the utmost importance.
In December 2016 we achieved cerficiation to ISO 14001:2015 across our entire business; covering the Manufacture, Distribution & Retail of our 'food-on-the-go' products.
Our environmental management system (EMS) underpins our environmental strategy.
Our EMS is designed to:
- Protect the environment from harm;
- Fulfil our compliance obligations; &
- Commit to continual improvement to enhance environmental performance
Key focus areas are:
- Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions
- Developing operational strategies to use energy efficiently & minimise waste
- Implement waste management practices
- Develop our sustainable practices